More cuteness (can you handle it?)

As you may have noticed, i haven't had a whole bunch of time to blog lately, but hopefully that's gonna change soon.

I was supposed to get tattooed by Lewis on monday, but i wasn't feeling great, so instead i went home early and watched "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou".
I was joined by Lewis, Alice and the baby not long after pressing play and it ended up being a great night after all.
Allan brought home chicken and salads, we watched some more movies and Lewis finished my drawing.

I'd given him a whole stack of reference (which y'all helped me make sense of, thank you very much) and asked for "maybe a squirrel using a toadstool as an umbrella?" and this is what he came up with:

Yesterday i still wasn't feeling great, but it was our friends' last day in Copenhagen and i wanted my squirrel dammit, so after they'd done a bit of sightseeing Lewis came to the shop.
And, as it usuallly goes, as soon as we got started i felt a whole lot better.

I eat apples when i get tattooed
I was lying down most of the time, but sat for the last half hour or so (oh, and thanks for the unflattering angle, Allan!)
(Photo by Allan)

As you can see, i decided to get a real tattoo, and not fill the dumb little gap on my arm, that'll just have to wait
(Photo by Allan)

Getting tattooed mostly just suck, but Lewis is such a great person to hang out with, so this was actually a real pleasure
My awesome (and today very sore and swollen) squirrel
(Photo by Allan)

He somehow managed to get everything i wanted (rosehips, pinecones, toadstool and butterflies) in there, and he came into work on the last day of his vacation, so i'm obviously pretty stoked and grateful.

They got in a taxi to the airport at 4.30 this morning, and after they left i couldn't sleep, so i'm a little besides myself today.
It's funny, when houseguests leave i always think, that part of me is gonna be happy to get my home back (after all, i have been camping out on the couch for over two weeks) but instead i just feel sad.
Buh.
Having friends all over the world really is a mixed pleasure.
But i'll get to see a lot of them in London in a few weeks, so at least there's that to look forward to.

Labels: , , , , ,