Slack-life

Yes, i'm still here and no, i haven't completely fallen apart cause my husband is out of town.
In case you were wondering.
I was a little worried initially, cause we haven't spent more than a few nights apart in the last ten years, and the distance between us just seemed so crazy, but it's been... good.
I think i might actually be enjoying this time by myself, and i've really given myself permission to just relax and do what i want.

I went to work on Thursday, and got so much done, but because i didn't have to wait around for Allan to finish, i was already home by 7, which is super early for me, and still had the energy to make myself a nice dinner and play with the dog.
Yesterday i didn't go to the work at all because Eckel wasn't working either and the weather was kind of crap.
Instead i spent my day painting and working on the computer and listening to records, and in the evening i had an hour long facetime session with Allan after watching a bunch of Trek. Lucifer, who is missing his dad like crazy, got in on the video chat action too. So cute!

Today is my weekly coffee day, and i'd gotten a gift certificate to Sort Kaffe & Vinyl as a calendar gift on the 2nd of December*, so i braved the (today even crappier) weather to go to the café and get a small latte. Lucifer was not having the rain at all, so it was a short walk.
And now, today, i've actually cleaned the apartment, so it's nice when Allan comes home tomorrow. I can't have him seeing what a complete slob i turn into when he's not around, now can i?
Plans for the rest of my day include painting (as soon as my hands stop shaking, that is... damn, delicious java devil!), reading a huge stack of Buffy comics that i've been saving for a rainy day like this one, and later, maybe some takeout.
Being alone like this really isn't so bad, and it makes our love seem stronger somehow to have done this (yes, i know it's just a few days!)


This makes December bearable

Last nights puppy-head-tilt extravaganza

This rainy morning, Lucifer was happy to be back inside, i was happy to have my weekly coffee

This is where i'm spending the majority of my time... the time i don't spend on the couch with the crew of Voyager

I can't believe how much i've come to love Voyager, but my favorite episodes are those with TNG cameos


*Allan had hidden my calendar presents around the apartment and he's been texting me their locations every morning. I'm not showing you the 1st and 3rd cause they're kind of NSFW. He's sweet but he's also a perv. A lovable perv.

Labels: , , , , ,