Instant karma

Today has been full of an unusual amount of ups and downs for me.
Since i woke up i've had one great thing happen to me, immediately followed by a bad one.
Very strange.

The worst example was when i was at Matas buying Vaseline for the shop.
The girl at the counter gave me back the wrong change, too much actually, but i didn't notice until i was outside.
I probably should have taken it back, but it was freezing, i was in a hurry and i thought "hey, i'm broke, who am i to complain about free moneys!?"
About 3-4 minutes later i got hit by a car.
Karma sure as hell works fast sometimes.
It was quite the shock, i tell you.
I mean, i've been nudged by a car before, and even hit by a dead lamb on Nørrebrogade, but never run over like that.
I somehow managed to kind of stay on my bike and only hurt my ass, but still, shocked as hell.
So, there i was, about to have a complete shit fit.
I was already screaming and cursing at the driver (who was a young guy with a pit bull in the front seat, gulp!) while walking towards him, when he came out of the car and did the most un-Copenhagenite thing ever: he took full responsibility for the accident and apologized profusely.
Dude even offered me his phone number, but my bike was somehow ok and health care is free, so i said we were cool.

Anyway, strange fucking day.

My desk arrived and it's magnificent!

Labels: , ,