These are the voyages

I almost always have so many tattoos already planned in my head, that i never know what the next one is gonna be.
It's a blessing and a curse.
Right now i have one thigh to finish, and i have an appointment to start the other one in March with this nice Japanese dude who tattoos my husband, so i have more than enough projects going on.
Or so you'd think, but there's always something else.
Like this silly spot i have on my left arm that i'd like filled, and the much bigger, less silly spot on my right arm that i wanna get started on.
And then there are the feet and the back and... well, let's just say even though i don't feel like i necessarily have to cover my entire body, i probably won't run out of space or ideas any time soon either.

But i have this one small-ish tattoo that i want to get done as soon as i start to feel better.
Before i explain what or why, i better explain my view on tattoos.
Or my view on my tattoos.
Or one of them cause i obviously have about a million opinions on this topic!
But anyway, for me tattoos mostly just have to be very pretty, maybe a little fun, unique if possible and well made.
If they happen to have some meaning, which almost all of mine just happen to have, well, that's a nice bonus.
But tattoos, most of all, have to represent feeling awesome.
See, i get tattooed when i feel great, both physically and mentally, not when i'm feeling sick or depressed.
So i guess the main reason i'm so excited about getting the next one, is because getting that tattoo will mean i've made it to the other side.
The side where there's no pain and uncertainty and weakness and decease.
And i so desperately wanna be on that side.

So, hopefully the next small-ish, silly tattoo will be this: the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D

To some that may seem stupid.*
I have many tattoos that others think are stupid and i'm very much ok with that.
But i'm really serious about this.
I've always loved Star trek TNG, and sci-fi in general, and watching this show always makes me feel better.
When i'm sick in particular, watching Star Trek relaxes me, makes me feel less anxious.
So this past month or so, Star Trek marathons has basically helped me stay sane and for that reason alone it's obvious to me that it deserves a spot on my leg somewhere!
It's either that or a portrait of the bald eagle himself, but that might be overdoing it?

Engage!

*At least i know Corey won't since she's already rockin' a Trek tattoo!

Labels: , , , , ,