Bye bye hummingbird

The hummingbird headband (the first of them, that is) went to its new home a few days ago.
I also got word that the snail arrived at his new home in Australia.
Phew, very relieved about that last one, shipping to Australia takes forever from here.
I bet the snail never expected to go that far when he was a little snail, living by the tracks on Vesterbro.

I love packing, wrapping and shipping out packages.
That's why i used to sell on ebay, back when that was still fun.
Sometimes i wish i could produce more and that i had the connections to sell my work at some cool shop somewhere, but then i wouldn't get to know who the people buying my things are, and i wouldn't have the opportunity to try and make nice, personal packages every time.
There are definitely a lot of good things to be said about selling your work online, but ok, i still would like to have just a few pieces in a shop in Cph.
Some day.

Going...
Gone
Another package
The snail, all wrapped up for the long journey
I wish i had more of these red boxes


What i don't like about being an internet seller:
-Going to the post office.
Why do the people working there have to be so damn mean?
-Never knowing if an item you spent countless hours working on is gonna make it to it's destination and if it does, if it'll be intact
-People not letting me know when it has in fact arrived
-The Danish shipping prices being so high, that they're making it impossible for me to compete with American sellers.

And the worst part: being so insecure that all i think about from i ship until the buyer have received their package is: "do they like it, is it ok, are they happy, are they disappointed"?

This one is getting picked up at the shop tomorrow.
I hope she'll like it.

Labels: , , , , ,