OMG OMG (what is this, i don't ever write OMG!?)

I finally gave in and got myself a twitter account.
Urgh.
It wasn't peer pressure, it wasn't curiosity, it wasn't because i wanted to.
No, the reason was this:
Celebrities.

I crave celebrity gossip, but i have some serious moral issues with the celebrity blogs that provide me with said gossip.
Most of them are quite hateful and vicious, and i'm not really down with that.
I've read celebrity blogs that critiqued the clothing worn by three year olds and suggested that celebrities they didn't care for should commit suicide.
Not cool.
Most celebrity bloggers also seem to really hate (envy, i guess is more accurate) the people they live off, and very few of them write about people i care about.
What do i care that Lindsay Lohan hosted a party at some club in Las Vegas and appeared to be on drugs (duh!)?
I like reading positive news about talented people who don't constantly make bad choices, but no one seems to be writing about them.

Oh, back to Twitter.
So a while back i started noticing that they were in fact all, or most of them, writing about themselves.
Or tweeting or whatever they call it.
And although i already saw an oportunity to get the gossip from the horse's mouth at that time, i resisted cause it's called Twitter and it seems kinda retarded and aimed at people who can't write a sentence that contains more than 140 characters (or less).

But today i gave up, and even though i still think it seems kinda retarded, i joined the site i swore i would never join, in an attempt to cut out the bitchy middleman.
And i have been rewarded already.
Amber Benson, the same one we ran into in a shop in Los Angeles and that i got my picture taken with and showed my Buffy tattoo to (and possible scared the crap out of), wrote me a message.
Wrote me. A message.
To me.
Message.
Her.

So as you can see, totally worth it already!

I'm one of those scary fans, aren't i?
At least i don't have an altar or something... yet.
Now, off to bed to read some more season 8!

Labels: , ,