Now what?

Ok, so i finally started playing around with some fimo.
This is an idea i've had for a while, but the how-to part of this project has kept me from starting it.
But i felt like doing something, so i decided to just go for it, and it turned out pretty well.
For now.

Maybe the start of an octopus hat

See, fimo is very soft and needs to bake in the oven for about ten minutes to harden and... you see where i'm going with this yet?
If i take it off my mannequin there's no way the shape can hold, but i can't exactly put her in the oven either.
Hhmm.

It would have to be sanded, lacquered and painted, a lot

So i applied some olive oil to the head with a small brush, as to prevent it from getting stuck on there permanently.
And now i guess now i just have to wait and see if it hardens enough on it's own, enough for me to lift it off the mannequin and bake it.
I hope so, if not, i at least had fun making it!

Is it just me or does he look a little like Admiral Ackbar?

Labels: ,