Live long and prospa!


Epic!

I usually hate all big budget action movies, especially remakes, sequels, prequels and anything based on someone else's work.
But Star Trek isn't technically a remake or any kind of -quel.
And it's fuckin' awesome.

During the whole movie, only two things really bothered me: the other people in the theater (oh my god, must you people laugh out loud at everything even remotely amusing? You're making it unfunny for the rest of us!) and Winona Ryder who, for reasons unknown to me, had been cast as Spocks mother.
I hate to come off as an angry feminist movie geek, but with all the stunning, talented and award winning older actresses in Hollywood (many of whom can't seem to find work) why would you cast a 37 year old woman to play the mother of a 31 year old man?
Her old-people makeup wasn't even that convincing.
If anyone knows the story behind the decision to cast her, please enlighten me.

But whatever, i really liked it, and i can't wait to see it in the comfort of my own home, without being surrounded by morons and having a helmet of Ken-doll hair in front of me.

Labels: