Missing Japan...

At least it isn't raining THAT much today.
But still.

I feel a little empty.

Here are some pictures from my solo mission last week to Sankeien Garden in Yokohama.
Solo because Allan was getting tattooed that day.
I didn't know what to do, so Shige suggested the garden, one of his personal favorites.

I found a bus close to the studio that took me there.
It was raining, so there weren't many tourists.
And i was feeling good about being able to ask bus drivers for directions and stuff like that.

It's probably one of the nicest places i've been in Japan.
I'm definitely gonna visit again in the spring.

Pretty little flower bonzai
This house reminded me of Spirited Away, my favorite movie, and i desperately wanted to go inside
I sat on a bench on that bridge for a while until i realized there were big ass spiders everywhere
This part was hard to photograph, but it was magicalOldest pagoda in the Kanto region, or something like that?This area was full of little old Japanese people

I found this cute little cafe inside the park and decided to try something a little different.
That was a big mistake.
I got a thick, way way too sweet, sweet bean soup (not soup!) with rice cakes in it.
Rice cakes which by the way had nothing to do with cake, but tasted like a mix between tofu and chewing gum.
This was served with a special seaweed type tea, that tasted like pure sea water, salty as fuck.
I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty gross.
And all around me people were eating delicious udon and stuff like that.
Damn my curiosity.

Mistake of the day, but down it went, i never want to be the picky gaijin


As i was near the exit i got a text from Allan who had the munchies and needed some food.
So i headed back to the studio.


Allan took this one of himself, i think it's cute

Labels: , , , , , ,