Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My first home



On sunday we went to pick up Lucifer, and eat brunch with my family, at my parents place.
My grandfather and my brother were there too.
It was real nice.
Pretty soon that's gonna be a thing of the past.
Not brunch, but going home.
My parents are moving and they're selling their house. My house. The house i called home for a little over 18 years.
I've taken it pretty well, i like to think. I'm (sort of) a grown up now, and a house is just a house.
Right?
I am gonna miss it.
At least i know my mom and dad will just move their ever growing army of wonderful weird ass stuff to a new location. And i can enjoy it and their company there too.

6 comments:

  1. this is my friend sarah's work.
    http://www.sarahmariemiller.com/
    it is all about her "house" growing up & having to physically lose it. sad to change sometimes, but like you say, fun too! who knows what goodies you'll find in the closets! zo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puha. Kan godt følge dig. Det er ikke sjovt..

    ReplyDelete
  3. when my moms parents sold their farm, i guess they asked my mom if we wanted anything from it, and she said no. they just left so many things in the house to go with it to the new owners. i was SO pissed when i found out. so many super great country things were in there that i would loved to have! hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you! Jeg har det (efter flere årtier) stadig mærkeligt med at se, hvad køberne gjorde ved huset på landevejen, hvor vi boede før Rude. Heldigvis er Bisseruphuset jo i forvejen en skatkiste af mærkeligheder og pæne ting...med plads til meget mere. Og minder bliver i hovedet, hvor de skal være.

    Har de fundet en køber?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you! Jeg har det (efter flere årtier) stadig mærkeligt med at se, hvad køberne gjorde ved huset på landevejen, hvor vi boede før Rude. Heldigvis er Bisseruphuset jo i forvejen en skatkiste af mærkeligheder og pæne ting...med plads til meget mere. Og minder bliver i hovedet, hvor de skal være.

    Har de fundet en køber?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ja, de har vist mere eller mindre solg det, nu venter de bare på at Bisserup bliver færdigt, så de kan begynde at rykke ting derned.
    Det er sgu lidt underligt...

    I was hoping to be reunited with all my old toys, but apparently mice and mold ate my huge teddybear collection. That makes me very sad. Some of them were really old, and some my mom had made for me.
    I think only my barbies made it, but they're not that important to me anymore, you know!?
    But maybe i'll find other nice things they can't bring with them, who knows!

    ReplyDelete