Basement shopping

Whenever i feel like i'm missing something in my wardrobe, but can't be bothered to go shopping, i head down to the basement and rummage through bags and boxes.
I usually bring a bag down there with stuff i don't wear much.
So it's like a trade.
A couple of days ago i came upstairs with this:



A 200 year old glass display thingie from the zoological museum in Copenhagen, and some clothes (including a belt i thought i'd lost!)

The clothes had to be washed, smelled mouldy.
But i found some good stuff. And a pair of jeans that are way too big for me.
Should have tried them on before i washed them. Oh well.

This is what i did with the old glass thingie:

I stole the idea from my mom, she has a bunch of them, filled with shells, corals, branches and fake birds.
Mine has a peacock, rocks, corals from St. Croix and lots of crab shells.
It needs some sand in the bottom, but that's hard to find on a sunday in Copenhagen.

Labels: , , ,