The next adventure




As i'm writing this i'm in bed drinking coffee, but next to me on the floor is an open, still unpacked suitcase and a boarding pass with today's date on it.
What i'm trying to say, is that this will be a quick one.

A couple of months ago we were sitting outside of a bar on Weserstrasse, when he told me that he was going to Burning Man in August and would be gone for about a month.
And maybe to soften the blow, or maybe just because he wanted to, he asked me if i wanted to meet up with him in the States for a little post-festival vacation.
I think i squealed with excitement.
But i didn't book the trip.
First it was because i'm still a little cautious, not having had the best experiences with traveling across the world for a boyfriend, something i believe i promised myself to never do again.
When i got over that, it was because i didn't have my vacation days approved at work.

So he left, after an amazing week of spending every day together, hanging out and making costumes for the festival, and i still didn't have a ticket.
Well, lucky for me that i waited, cause when my vacation finally went through, ticket prices had gone way down, and i was able to get a multi-city ticket that i could actually afford.

So later today, in a few hours actually, when i've showered and packed, i'll be on my way.
First to Amsterdam to do a bit of exploring by myself, as i don't actually know anyone there.
Then to San Francisco to reunite with my love after what is starting to feel like an eternity.
And finally to Los Angeles and Orange County to spend time with my beloved Prindles, and hopefully a lot of old friends i haven't seen in many years.

As usual i have very little planned, besides taking lots of pictures for the blog and instagram, so feel free to leave recommendations in the comments.
I'm especially looking for mind blowing nature near (or not so near) San Francisco.

Time to get up and pack, get the last of my shit together, panic about what i forgot and how the apartment will possibly survive without me.
Bikini, vitamins, iron that top.
Time to get the to-do list out of my head and into the suitcase.
And get myself onto a plane and into the unknown.



Classic Burgers and hip hop (also a classic; no burger and bad dj's)

Sunday at a festival by myself, swimming and listening to music 

I've never owned my own power drill, and i finally decided it was time and got myself this belated birthday present

Post work summer rolls in my room

New roommate invited us to brunch here, and the food and coffee was as good as the decor was cute

Early shift is rough but then there's the sunrise

Horns for my boo

And a cape too, and about a million other things

On my way to a photo shoot with a friend, so that's why the makeup

I love him so much, and he loves his hamster

Yard sale scores

Japanese breakfast market after a night of heavy rosé drinking, that resulted in a hangover and a sprained ankle

Shopping with Lucifer, got this for five bucks and i love it

Lunch before i took him to the airport

Burgers and hip hop crew

Drawing Sick Swords Sunday crew

Ready to go?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,