Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cheat pizza

I've been pretty bad at posting recipes lately, but since I was kind of in the food neighborhood already with my post from yesterday, it seemed natural to stay there.
I think I mentioned that most of the stuff I cook is improvised. Both because it's fun and I like it, but also because I'm pretty horrible at following instructions.
So this post is for me, more than it is for you, because I need to remember how I made these delicious little suckers I ate for dinner tonight, so i can make them again some other time!

They take no time, because I have very little patience, and they taste so good.
And you can make them with pretty much anything, as long as you have the tortillas, so it's the perfect "use-the-stuff-in-the-fridge-before-it-goes-bad" food.*
They're surprisingly filling too; me and Allan ate one and a half each, but we could have probably stopped at one.

In order of appearances:
-Organic multigrain tortilla (mine are from Santa Maria, i think)
-Tomato sauce
-Grated cheese
-Dried oregano
-Smoked tofu in thin slices, marinated with olive oil and fresh thyme for a little while before cooking
-Spring onions
-Vegan sausages (or whatever kind of sausages, or no sausages at all))
-Feta cheese
-Thinly sliced cabbage
-Blanched and chopped sugar snaps

Put in the oven for about 15 minutes on 200c, preferably on a grill setting if yours have that.
Careful they don't get burnt, they easily can cause the tortilla is already dry and thin.
I drizzled it with a bit of olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, and some fresh parsley.
Mmmm, parsley.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, i've been working on a new website all friggin day, cause i kinda hate the old one, so i think i need to step away from the computer.
Watching a movie is better that sitting in front of a computer, right?
(... just say yes... )


Crappy phone picture, but you get the idea... this would be good with fresh avocados and cherry tomato too...

*Right, Sam?

5 comments:

  1. my cooking attempts are the exact same - I want food that tastes good straight away rather than having to wait! this sounds gorgeous, I've done something similar with naan bread which might have less chance of burning as its thicker? also a lot of them come in garlic and coriander flavour which adds to the tastiness :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Id say they are filling cause you used plenty of proteins: feta, sausage, tofu and cheese. I might try this one soon. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, naan bread, i wish i'd thought of that when i was out grocery shopping! Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should, it was super good and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sometimes buy these awesome square wraps which are nice and thick, so crisp up and make THE BEST pizzas. It's a british company though, so dunno if you'd get them there.

    I want tortilla pizzas now!!!

    ReplyDelete