Julemarked i stalden

This weekend we went to the country to visit my parents and attend their annual christmas market.
My mom had asked me to sell some hats there, so i'd brought almost everything i had lying around, including my own personal hats, just to have a lot to show.
I wasn't expecting to sell anything down there, but i actually did, so that was a nice surprise.

It was really fuckin cold the whole time, but fun nonetheless, and very christmassy!
We had coffee and gløgg to keep us warm, æbleskiver too, and lots of cool stuff to look at (and buy, of course).
My dad, brother, Fie's dad and a neighbor set up a tiny stage and played christmas music while guests ate, drank, shopped and tried to keep warm.
Seriously, it really is winter now.

There is internet down there by the way, but except from the odd Tweet-by-iPhone, we were just too busy to actually use it.
I'm sure you all had a fine weekend without me, right?
I hope so.

First gløgg of the season
My little booth, which was actually pretty big
Allan helped me set up, and at times it felt almost like being at a convention, except he was helping me, not the other way around, and even though it wasn't a big fancy Copenhagen market, not being the sidekick for once was fun (for Allan too, i think)
I shared this little room with my mom and her beautiful silver jewelry
I added the mink skull Tina sent me to my new years hat from last year, it's not for sale, but i brought it anyway
My mom made a hungry little silver bug
A log too pretty to burn made a nice addition to her display
Mistletoe
You may not be familiar with our currency, but that there's a good deal!
I wore a brooch my mom made, and she wore one of my headbands

I ended up selling four items on the first day, and none on the second (and kinda slow) day.
The red fascinator was bought by the towns only fisherman as a present to his wife, after she told him that she liked it, but felt that she might be too old to wear it.*
Such a romantic, that Lars Birger!

Hair clip, sold
Another old hair clip, sold
This one is actually pretty cute, for some reason i never put it for sale anywhere... oh well, now it's sold
I'm really happy i sold one proper fascinator, and i'm glad it was this one

I wanted to post some more pictures of the christmas market and the stuff everyone else was selling, but the barn is so dark and that does not make pretty pictures.
Except of course if you use a camera like Allan's, so i'll wait for him to transfer his pictures and then i'll show you some serious Danish Julehygge!

*No, you're never too old to overdress!

Labels: , , , ,