December 2nd

This morning in the christmas goodie bag: socks!
My favorite kind (japanese) from another one of my favorite shops.
Yay husband!

After i took this picture Lucifer came up and decided to take a nap on my chest, something he doesn't normally do voluntarily, so friggin cute
Cats and hearts, the best

I've been eating today, so i have way more energy than before, but being at work was still hard.
Don't know why, but the first day back just always is.
There were even client cake, but i couldn't eat any, my stomach isn't ready for that just yet.

Now that we're on the subject of food, i've been thinking a lot about what i eat lately.
More so than i normally do.
Being poisoned by something you ate and loved will do that to you, i guess.
I feel like i'm starting from scratch and that it's somehow an opportunity to change the way i live.
Not that you can't do that at any time, but sometimes you need a good kick in the butt to get started.

At home here in Denmark i usually eat pretty healthy (except for coffee and occasional cake) and as close to 100% organic as i can get, and i'm a lessetarian too (yes, apparently that's a word now, who knew?!)
And in Japan i'll eat... well whatever!
This time i really felt it though, looked it too i think, and indulging just didn't feel as good as it did before.
All the friggin added sugar, salt and chemicals in the food there was really not working for me and it's gotten me thinking about how i wanna live and what i want to put in my body.
I'm not sure what exactly that is yet, i just want to buy less food with a ton of ingredients and more raw, basic food that i prepare myself.
I want really good stuff and i wanna be practical and save money at the same time.
My body feels broken and i wanna help fix it.
Or something.
Buying organic is of course one way to be sure that you don't eat a ton of added chemicals, but much like with organic skincare products, which is all i use, a lot of stuff is allowed that i don't necessarily want inside my system.
But it's about more than control it's... oh man, this is a long, boring rant going nowhere isn't it?

Ok, to wrap this up, i was at the supermarket yesterday and today and i tried to really think about what i bought, where it came from, what was in it and whether i'd be able to use all of it.
Last night i made a huge portion of organic potato/vegetable soup.
We ate some, i froze four portions and used the rest for lunch today.
Today for dinner (which i just ate by myself, poor Allan is still at work) i made a salad with apples and cranberries and other good stuff, plus some fake-meatballs and organic fries i had in the freezer.
Well, we'll see how long it lasts, maybe you'll find me at Burger King eating twister fries by saturday, who knows?

My super vegetable soup lunch (the thermo mug is Allan's, mine smelled like an unholy mix of coffee and peppermint tea)

Labels: , , , , ,