December 10th

Todays gift, a photo book with crazy japanese Cosplay rockers.
Awesome.
And also, crazy!

As we were watching Totoro last night, me and Allan agreed that having been to Japan makes us appreciate Miyazaki films on so many more levels than before.
Watching a scene where the kids run around in the house is better knowing what it feels like to walk barefoot on tatami.
Or driving past ricefields, eating bento and stopping to enjoy a small roadside shrine.
You know, stuff thatthe japanese take for granted, but is magical to the rest of us.
I wanna watch it again already!

The only bad thing about it, which isn't really a bad thing at all, was that it made me a little sad.
The house, surroundings, and of course the Totoro, made me long for more magic in my life.
And for a house like that.
Or any house with a small garden where i could plant some vegetables.
I'm getting old.

Labels: , , , ,