Friday, October 24, 2008

Last night in Yvoire

On our last night in France i decided to go for an evening stroll by myself.
I went down to the old harbor and i just couldn't have had better timing.
This old couple were feeding the birds leftover fish, buckets of it, and every gull, duck and swan in the village were invited.

I was just standing there, in the middle of this inferno of wings and high pitched shrieks and it was amazing.
I took pictures of course, but it was just so hard to capture what was going on in the dark.
In the pictures it looks like there's a couple of birds, but there were hundreds or more.
I counted seven Grey Herons, one of my favorite birds.
They were the least aggressive of the bunch, just kind of hanging out in the background.




6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! That first one is MAGNIFICENT!!!! LIke a painting! zo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those three herons look so dignified - almost majestic. As if
    they say to the greedy gulls: "Now, now children! Don't make such a fuss! Surely, there'll be enough for all of us!" c",)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was even prettier there, i wish i'd had the fancy camera with me.

    The herons might have been thinking just that... or maybe just "gulls, bloody gulls. Everywhere i look, gulls"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. u get to see some of the coolest shit great pics

    ReplyDelete